Can anyone spot my float error?

Richard Harvey tririch at connect.net
Fri Sep 1 19:25:29 EDT 2000

Alex, Alain, and Grant:

Thanks very much for the sanity check.  I just found the error from a very
strange source. This function is being called from C through the Python C
API.  It just so happens that Python was reporting an error when compiling
this source, but it did nothing with the error (nor did I correctly call
PyErr_Clear). So, the first time I call this function (after the compile
stage) the 'if' statement is the first place the Python interpretter hits a
block of code internally that checks the status of the PyErr... It
mistakenly thinks the error was caused by the 'if', when really it was a
preprocessing error when compiling the file. Now, why it reported the error
but still compiled and saved the .pyc file I'm not sure yet, but calling
PyErr_Clear after the compile solved the problem.

Rich

news:8op7j30dhn at news2.newsguy.com...