embedding python 1.5.2 problem - Py_Finalize memory leaks

Warren Postma embed at NOSPAM.geocities.com
Wed Sep 13 14:34:27 EDT 2000

I have patched Python 1.5.2 down to zero memory leaks. It involved adding
finalization calls to a half dozen modules, and a little trickery (forcing
some reference count values) to get the in-place-interned-strings all
normalized properly.  It still doesn't cleanly restart, since I guess I've
missed resetting some globals or static PyObject *ptrs which are now
pointing to freed memory.

Warren Postma