SV: Web Development

Max Møller Rasmussen maxm at normik.dk
Mon Sep 25 06:46:50 EDT 2000

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
From: Charles Medcoff [mailto:cmedcoff at my-deja.com]

>Ok with a bit more surfing I figured out the Bobo has been turned
>into Zope.  My impression from reading Zope intro material is that it
>has a large learning curve and is overkill for what I am trying to do.
>I'll settle for Microsoft's Personal Web Server (PWS) as an alternative
>for now).

Actually Zope isn't that difficult. The mistake most people makes in
converting to zope is skipping zClasses and going directly to products.

Learn xClasses first and everything's peaches.

>The only problem is that I cannot find any documentation for writing
>CGI scripts for PWS.  Again I'm looking for any references any one
>might have.

If you install Mark Hammonds win32all You can do it like any other asp page:

<%@ LANGUAGE="Python"%>
<%
def main():
    result = ''
    for i in range(10):
         result = result + 'i: ' + `i` + '<br>\n'
    return result

Response.Write(main());
%>