Changing class membership

Lee, Rick rickylee at americasm01.nt.com
Wed Sep 27 15:47:35 EDT 2000

I have a similar design problem and was thinking about changing a class
instance's __class__ attribute momentarily (ie., in one thread of that
instance's execution), and then changing it back.

What are its gotcha's?

Obvious ones:

- the new instance class's method may be referring to an object name that
is not in the original instance's name space.

Rick Lee