Python 1.6 and Emacs 20.3 on Win98

John J. Lee phrxy at csv.warwick.ac.uk
Fri Sep 8 12:09:14 EDT 2000

On Fri, 8 Sep 2000 python-mode at python.org wrote:
> [...]
[...]
>     rd> displaying a few buttons etc. When I exit the TK window, Emacs
>     rd> has locked-up and I have to kill the emacs process and start
>     rd> again (although I have had to re-boot a couple of times as
>     rd> well).
[...]
> Well, it's probably a weird interaction between Python, Tk, Emacs, and
> Windows. :) Of those 4, I'm only batting .500: I use XEmacs and Linux
> as my primary development environment.  Still, if you send me (at
> python-mode at python.org) a test case, I'll look into it.

I've found that Emacs and Win95 manage to lock up all on their own without
the aid of Python or Tk.  This seems to happen unless Emacs (20.5) is the
only thing running on the desktop when it is started and exited.  May well
be a completely different problem of course.

Doesn't seem to happen on NT.

John