Precompiled 1.6 for Red Hat Linux 6.2?

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at beopen.com
Tue Sep 19 10:32:37 EDT 2000

David Lees <debl.spammyno at world.std.com> writes:

> I am a longtime windows user who just started working in a dual boot env
> that includes Linux Red Hat 6.2.  Is there a precompiled version of
> Python 1.6 for Linuxon a PC?  I installed the 1.6 on my Win98 box
> without any problem, but would like to have it running on the Linux
> machine too.

PythonLabs is producing RPMs of 2.0 for Red Hat Linux.  Unfortunately,
we don't have any resources to devote to supporting 1.6 install
issues.
    http://www.pythonlabs.com/tech/python2.0/download.html

I believe ActiveState's ActivePython product is based on 1.6 if having
1.6 or a non-beta release is important.

-- Jeremy Hylton <http://www.python.org/~jeremy/>