Python 2.0b1 is released!

Grant Griffin g2 at seebelow.org
Tue Sep 12 02:40:35 EDT 2000

Suchandra Thapa wrote:
>     IANAL, but I don't believe the FSF could do much if the GPLed code was
> not theirs.  They couldn't use for copyright infringement since they don't
> hold the copyright.  The only one who would be able to effective do anything
> would be the owners of the copyright to the GPLed code.  I believe this is the
> rationale behind the FSF's insistene that all authors who submit code to them
> also assign the copyrights to the FSF.

Another good reason for that is illustrated by Python's recent legal
wranglings: by holding the copyright, the FSF provides the users of the
software with (presumably) perpetually constant licensing terms.

constantly-misguided,-that-is-<wink>-ly y'rs,

=g2

Grant R. Griffin                                       g2 at dspguru.com
Iowegian International Corporation	      http://www.iowegian.com