What is Python?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Tue Sep 19 02:10:08 EDT 2000

Grant Griffin wrote:

> I'm not a Unix guy, but my immediate reaction to Tim H.'s Perl code
> was,
> "Why not just do that with Unix commands?"

Indeed.  I've seen a number of people write one-line Perl programs on
the command line that would in fact be much easier to write with more
traditional (non-Perl) UNIX tools.  I would presume the reason that it's
often done is simply because they know Perl better than they know those
tools.

/  \ The critical period in matrimony is breakfast-time.
\__/ A.P. Herbert
    Fat Boy and Little Man / http://www.fatboyandlittleman.com/
 Watch Fat Boy and Little Man go about their antics.