dont laugh

Neil Hodgson neilh at scintilla.org
Fri Sep 1 02:16:42 EDT 2000

Jason Cunliffe wrote:

> I just did a test with PythonWin adjusting font sizes and styles for both
> the interactive shell and editor windows.

   Did you know about the Ctrl+Keypad+ and Ctrl+Keypad- commands for making
the text larger and smaller? This makes it easier to experiment.

> This way one can increase size
> enough to have much better legibility. Tweaking preferences one can also
> make color, font parameters the best for both camera and making
distinction
> between code sections. At present it defaults to gray highlighting of
> selected text . This should probably be changed.

   There is currently no UI option to change selection colours but it can be
done by modifying the code. In the Pythonwin\pywin\scintilla\view.py file,
find the OnInitialUpdate method. In this method you could add
  self.SendScintilla(SCI_SETSELBACK, 1, win32api.RGB(0xff, 0xff, 0x0))
which makes the selection background bright yellow. The selection foreground
colour could be changed to red with
  self.SendScintilla(SCI_SETSELFORE, 1, win32api.RGB(0xff,0,0))

   Neil