Q: How to patch Python's configure.in

Daniel Dittmar daniel.dittmar at sap.com
Fri Sep 8 04:48:18 EDT 2000

Can someone help me with directions how to patch configure.in for a specific
platform? I know how the resulting command lines have to look like, I just
don't know how to introduce this into configure.in or Makefile.in.

The points are:

- the linker always requires a special option
- a module (mmap) requires an additional library
- the compiler and the linker require special options for thread support
- pthreads are not detected because the compiler must be called with the
thread option to access the right include

The platform is Reliant UNIX in case anyone cares.

Daniel

--
Daniel Dittmar
daniel.dittmar at sap.com