How to write a COM object into a file ? - this must be simple..when you know how

Jason Cunliffe jasonic at nomadicsltd.com
Thu Sep 7 00:20:43 EDT 2000

Roger Upole <rupole at compaq.net> wrote in message
news:hoDt5.92580$D9.5159088 at news.easynews.com...

> The swfMovie object has a WriteMovie method which takes a filename.
>      bukmovie.WriteMovie('somefilename')
>         HTH
>        Roger Upole

Roger

thanks.. hmm yes I tried this too.

So now at least I think my python syntax is ok.
I am saving what appears to be a .swf file.
But it has no visible contents...
I have been tweaking it with no luck yet.
... time to contact the author I guess.

possibly the .dll is not ready for flash5 player I am using now, but it has
noit been a problem playing much more sophisticated files or even the sample
one which came with the Bukoo library

It would be so cool if this thing works.

Python really needs a wizbang way to create dynamic web graphics&more
easily. [yes I know it is Win32 based, but one could still use python-python
strategies to generate stuff on one mahcine and move it to another. Just use
Windoze as rendering farms netwroked by python.. great for all sorts of
fynamic visualation, art, fun, interfaces etc. Embed these in wxPython and
you have a very strong _modern_interface environment indeed.

One could make swf on the fly at run time or cache them similar to what .pyc
does

I know there is some very neat stuff, Piddle, Ming, etc, but swf has a vast
platform of distributed players.
[250million accorfing to MacroMediashypemachine]

- Jason