Help for Python GUI programming

Bernhard Reiter breiter at usf.Uni-Osnabrueck.DE
Tue Sep 5 11:17:15 EDT 2000

In article <Dc7t5.10237$rG4.261446 at typhoon1.ba-dsg.net>,
	"Dudek7" <Dudek7 at mailroom.com> writes:
> I'm a newbie to python gui programming.

Python itself has no build-in toolkit for GUIs.
You should mention which toolkit you are using.
Tkinter? (Which is tcl/tk)

I did my last GUIs for python with wxpython:
	www.wxpython.org

> I can make buttons and position them but i have a question.
> WHen u set the button command(command=Watever)
> I need to set the command to a = 34.
> but by doing (command=a=34) doesnt work.

I do not know much about Tkinter programming.
Probably the Watever has to be a function. You might need to define
a function then, which actually does what you want then.

If you post for example program, people in this newsgroup
most certainly can help you.

	Bernhard
The FreeGIS Project				            (freegis.org)