Newbie question

Prospero prospero at bigwig.net
Tue Sep 26 09:08:40 EDT 2000

Greetings all!

As somebody new to Python (and almost new to programming, apart from a
little dabbling in BASIC and Java) I have what may be a really dumb
question.

I have installed the 1.5.2 version and done the tests mentioned in the docs,
i.e. one-line programs, all of which work fine. Then, following the advice
of the Non-programmers Tutorial for Python, I saved and tried to run the
simple "Hello World" program from DOS. I got "Bad command or filename". Then
I tried adding the path to my autoexec.bat but could not find a form
acceptable to my machine. There is already a path there, which reads "path
C:\JDK1.3\BIN", and leads to my Java kit.

Can somebody suggest a viable addition to this?

All the best,

Prospero.

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."
--Harvey Fierstein

Prospero's World:  http://www.bigwig.net/prospero