Which regex syntax mode?

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Fri Sep 15 10:49:55 EDT 2000

In article <slrn8s3jqv.4e8.tim at degree.ath.cx>,
Tim Hammerquist <tim at degree.ath.cx> wrote:

>I come from Perl and was wondering with RegExp syntax mode was most like
>Perl's syntax?  It's not that I dislike Emacs-style...well, actually it
>_is_ that I dislike Emacs-style.  Is there one that's closer to Perl's?
>Or even vi-style?

I see that Tim Peters already gave you a useful response, so I'll quote
one of the less useful responses on the subject:

'Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use regular
expressions".  Now they have two problems.'  --Jamie Zawinski, comp.lang.emacs

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

The best way to get information on Usenet is not to ask a question, but
to post the wrong information.  --Aahz