Newbie questions.

vbMark vbmark at my-deja.com
Tue Sep 19 11:17:45 EDT 2000

In article <39C6672A.B226AFAB at tridog.com>,
  Ken Kinder <kkinder at tridog.com> wrote:
> vbMark wrote:
>
> > 1) Can you make a standalone .exe of a Python script?
>
> Yes. Read the FAQ: http://www.python.org/doc/FAQ.html#4.28
>
> > 2) Can you implement DirectX with Python using tk or whatever?
>
> You might find some 3D stuff at http://www.vex.net/parnassus/
>
> If I were you, I would use an OpenGL interface. DirectX is
proprietary.

> > 3) Where can I find some GUI programs written in Python?  I would
like
> > to see how they perform/feel.
>
> Follow the think above. Most GUIs in Python are done with Tk. There
are
> other toolkits availible.

The FAQ says to use a program called FREEZE to make the standalone
exe.  However, I can not find this program.  I did a search and it does
not exist on my system.  I am using Python ver 2b1.  Does this version
not come with Freeze?  I have also looked for it to download but could
not find it.

Am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/