drrawing graphs

Bernhard Reiter breiter at usf.Uni-Osnabrueck.DE
Tue Sep 5 11:08:48 EDT 2000

In article <20000902114624.22663.00003743 at ng-cg1.aol.com>,
	poparosa at aol.com (Poparosa) writes:

>    What is the best way (what are my options)
> to draw simple line graphs using python?  I need
> to hit a mySQL database, get some data values,
> and display these on a graph to a web browser.
>
>    I have heard that PIDDLE works well, but I am
> looking for options and opinions.

Another option is to use the GNU plotutils:
	http://www.gnu.org/software/plotutils/plotutils.html
swig wrapped
	http://www.npl.uiuc.edu/~miller/python/

Very mature and with a lot of output formats.
It is better on the vector part, but still can do pixel outputs
without going over a vector intermediate format.
Bernhard

The FreeGIS Project				            (freegis.org)