calling python from zope

Poparosa poparosa at aol.com
Sat Sep 2 22:54:26 EDT 2000

Folks,

  Slackware 7.1 ,  Python 1.5.2 ,  Zope 2.2.1

  I realize that this might be more of a zope question, but
maybe someone here has some insight...

  I am tyring to call python from a browser using the zope
web server.  I have an index.html file in a directory, and
in it I have added a href to a python file:

<A href="test/hello_world.py">python test here</A>

The hello_world.py has the following  two lines:

#!/usr/bin/env python
print"hello world from python"

  I get a copy of the hello_world.py text in the browser,
just as it is printed above (seems as if python is not getting
called).

  How does one call python from zope?  As the zope tarball
includs python, it stands to reason that it should be able to
call it without much reconfiguration - right?

  I have looked in www.faqts.com and found nothing that helped.

thanks for your time