Failed wxpython

pehr anderson pehr at pehr.net
Thu Sep 28 19:06:28 EDT 2000

Dear Sreekant,

It is very hard to help without useful error messages.
If you get a python error message please post it.

Otherwise, standard debugging practice is to split
your application into smaller and smaller pieces.

Try leaving all your code in place but replacing
the main routine with a simple "Hello World" button example.

I hate to be preaching but debugging doesn't get easier
unless you can tease out information about what exactly
is going wrong.  One common trick is to isolate the
faulty line with a binary search.  Disable the second half.
then cut it in half again, then keep disabling half of the
remaining application until you get to the single line
that causes the bomb.

Keep at it! WX Windows really does work great. We use
linux-developed apps on windows in our company and
have had good luck with it!

	-pehr