Win32 Com / Outlook

rick_richardson at my-deja.com rick_richardson at my-deja.com
Fri Sep 22 14:41:46 EDT 2000

Alright.. still a little sketchy on the COM
interface in python. I was wondering a couple
things.. first.. when I create a object doing:

   olApp =  Dispatch('Outlook.Application')

   mapiNS = olApp.GetNamespace("MAPI")

   # Open the Outbox
   outbox = mapiNS.GetDefaultFolder(0x4)

How do I get the properties of the application
object? the last line should read
   ... .GetDefaultFolder(olFolderOutbox)
but python says olFolderOutbox is an invalid
name, so I used the according hex digit I found
the makepy file.. as doing stuff like
olApp.olFolderOutbox doesn't work.. any ideas for
accessing member variables of a COM object?

also.. if anyone's written a sendmail type
routine with MAPI or outlook and wants to share
it I'd love to see it.. I have mine written.. but
can't get it to work.

Thanks

Rick Richardson

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/