Setting The Path

No Strezzz Cazzz PCP at cazzz.demon.nl
Mon Sep 11 12:04:05 EDT 2000

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Martelli <aleaxit at yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.python
Date: Sunday, September 10, 2000 10:10 PM
Subject: Re: Setting The Path...

>"No Strezzz Cazzz" <PCP at cazzz.demon.nl> wrote in message
>news:968600999.11978.0.pluto.d4ee1bae at news.demon.nl...
>    [snip]
>> Get help if you need it  So, if you need help in setting the path, get
it,
>> but make sure that the person helping you knows what he is doing."
>>
>> So where and how should I set the path? Please help me out. I'm using
>> Win NT 4.0 Workstation.
>
>Start/Settings/Control Panel/System applet, Environment tab.
>
>You will probably find environment variables named PATH (or
>some case-insensitive variation) in both the System and User
>halves of the resulting dialog.  Setting the User version is
>probably better (but it won't work for other users of the same
>machine), but the choice is up to you.  Whether on the System
>or User halves, find in the list the entry named PATH and click
>on it to bring it to the edit boxes; edit the content editbox; and
>click the Set button.  If perchance PATH does not exist in the
>User half, you can create it there by directly entering the PATH
>name and c:\Python20 (or whatever) directory as the content.
>
>If you're editing an existing PATH, you will note it's a list of
>directories separated by semicolons; directories with long names,
>names containing spaces, etc, are generally represented in short
>form (C:\progra~1 rather than c:\program files), though that is
>not strictly mandatory.  Just append a semicolon followed by
>C:\Python20 (or whatever) to the end of the existing contents.

Hi Alex

Thanks a lot for taking the time to respond to my question!

Only I have some problems, I have no idea what to do with this info. I found
the location of the PATH as you told me. The System Properties, environment
tab. Under "Variable" I get "Path", and next to it, under "Value" I get
"C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT". And when I highlight "Path" on the bottom of
the tab it will say "%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%" next to "Value"

I think this is the Path that I should "set" ?

Please help me out further:
What is the purpose of setting the Path? I know it has to do something with
me being able to execute Python scripts than but I have no idea how exactly.
And to what should I change the Path?

The location of Python.exe is:
C:\ProgramFiles\CoDiNg\Python\python.exe

Please help me out, I really appreciate your effort !!!

-Badazzz Cazzz
 President of PCP HEAPHY InDuStRiEs
 Planet Cazzz "because the world is not enough"

 Moment_Of_Silence at cazzz.demon.nl