tkInter - Achieving a particular control layout...

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Thu Sep 28 18:23:21 EDT 2000

Tobe wrote:

> Hi..
>
> I have a tool bar in an app. of mine made from a frame in a window... I'd
> like to have the following button layout..
>
> (Put your fixed width glasses on)....
>
> +---------------------------------+
> |+--------+-------------+--------+|
> ||====    |  ==== ====  |        ||
> ||=B1=    |  =B2= =B3=  |        ||
> ||====    |  ==== ====  |        ||
> |+--------+-------------+--------+|
> +---------------------------------+
>
> My first thoughts were to have 3 frames within the toolbar in grid columns
> 0, 1 and 2 to separate the parent into 3 equal parts.. put a button in 0,
> sticky at W, 2 more in 1 and nothing in 2 then pack the toolbar with expand
> = X..

I seem to remember it's difficult to get a frame with nothing in it to
occupy any space at all when using grid or pack.

Or is there something "irrelevant" in that right-hand frame that you
didn't mention?

--
Helping people meet their information needs with training and technology.
703 967 0887      sholden at bellatlantic.net      http://www.holdenweb.com/