Tuple Format?

Grant Edwards nobody at nowhere.nohow
Mon Sep 4 12:45:17 EDT 2000

On 04 Sep 2000 14:44:22 +0200, piet at cs.uu.nl <piet at cs.uu.nl> wrote:

>DT> Monday morning ... of course the back-quote is used as shorthand for
>DT> repr(). This makes parsing the two-character one interesting ... we can
>DT> actually end up with the equivalent of a single-element list which is
>DT> the result of the repr().
>
>DT> [` a, b, c `] == [ repr(a, b, c) ]
>
>Make it (| a, b, c |) then, this is currently illegal syntax and resembles
>the current notation. Not that I believe this will ever be accepted.

Since you see a lot more tuples that dictionaries, I'd prefer
using a two-character delimiters for the less used case
(dictionaries) and stealing the curly-braces to use as tuple
delimiters.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I KAISER ROLL?! What
                                  at               good is a Kaiser Roll