Wholly unnecessary flame. (was Re: pyXML!)

Arthur Siegel ajs at ix.netcom.com
Tue Sep 26 08:03:58 EDT 2000

Though overboard in its tone (look who's talking) I do
understand the rant a bit.

In my case it is not XML.

But to me it was quite disturbing that Numerical for a long time
became unavailable as a Windows binary distro.

Here we are talking about something fully stable, nearest thing to a
standard add-on module that Python has.

I am aware some community activism dealt with the problem and it is fixed.

Is ActiveState's windows-aware distro going to be the longer term
answer - or are there (not again) licensing issues which prevent them
from including something like Numerical in their distro ?