Executing files

Jay Krell jay.krell at cornell.edu
Fri Sep 22 01:54:09 EDT 2000

>What I'm using is an Extensible Firmware Interface that acts like MS-DOS.
>Most MS-DOS commands work the same under EFI.  We are using Python 1.5.2.
>We have a local build that doesn't contain all of the functions in the
>standard distribution.

Huh?! EFI is NOT DOS. EFI is yet another runtime environment that happens to
usually have a command line for an interface, but there are non command line
apps for it, like a full screen editor.

EFI IS NOT DOS.
EFI is not Unix. EFI is not Windows. EFI is EFI.
I don't think EFI has a notion of processes, but you can load files and jump
into them.

"command line" != "DOS"
Windows NT cmd.exe is not DOS.
Windows 9x console, maybe it is somewhat DOS, I don't know.

 - Jay