Python 2.0b1 is released!

Guido van Rossum guido at beopen.com
Tue Sep 12 10:05:15 EDT 2000

Tim Peters is doing a great job here, so I won't go into the minutiae
of the licensing debate.  (My contribution is that I'm continuing to
communicate with Stallman and Kahn.)

I would just like to correct one point: Kahn *did* respond to the open
letter.  I have received a BCC from Kahn of a reply he sent to Andrea
Klepach (who apparently sent it to him).  Perhaps Andrea can forward
it to the other petitioners?  (I don't feel comfortable posting it
here, but if you're one of the petitioners, I'll mail you a private
copy.)

I can't say that Kahn's response said anything new, but he *did*
respond.  He's not been ignoring you!

--Guido van Rossum (home page: http://www.pythonlabs.com/~guido/)