Multimedia authoring tools?

bayinnaung at my-deja.com bayinnaung at my-deja.com
Tue Sep 5 01:26:59 EDT 2000

I was originally going to ask in this posting if there had been any work
done within the Python community on making an interface to Macromedia
Flash animations?

I had noticed that the interface for SWF files (Shockwave Flash File
Format) was available publicly: http://openswf.org/

But when I read the license, I understood that making a Python interface
is not possible.

People have brought up the topic of Multimedia authoring before in this
newsgroup and I just  wanted to ask has anyone looked into making an
Python interface to add a scripting layer to existing c++ multimedia
libraries....or...

if we want to make applications that integrate various forms of multimedia
are we stuck with Director/Flash/Macromedia or are there any potential
Python solutions on the horizon?

I only ask this because Python seems to be center all open source
integrative scripting solutions.

Thanks,

Jon Fernquest
bayinnaung at hotmail.com