A Tkinter status/information bar

Arild Hansen arildh at stud.cs.uit.no
Fri Sep 29 06:47:14 EDT 2000

Hello,

I have made a simple xclient using Tkinter gui. The xclient is a small
application used to connect to a server and allows the user to modify
various settings etc. all through Tkinter widgets. What I would like to
implement is a status/information bar at the bottom of the main window.
This information area (or whatever I should call it) should contain a
few lines of text constantly updated. In my various modules I have
statements like

print __name__,': Reading data from disk'
print __name__,': Connecting to server'

This information is in other words currently being printed out to the
terminal window. I want this information to be printed out in my main
gui window. This feature will give the user a clue of what is going on
as well as being COOL ;)

So, if anyone can help me figure out how to implement this I would be
extremely greatful. Thx,

Arild Hansen