Is this a high volume newsgroup

Manuel Gutierrez Algaba thor at localhost.localdomain
Sun Sep 24 05:22:28 EDT 2000

On Sat, 23 Sep 2000 23:12:07 -0400, Tim Peters <tim_one at email.msn.com> wrote:
>[James Logajan]
>> ago. Note the use of the present tense in my query.
>
>Except this is Usenet:  time doesn't work that way here.  Virtually all
>discussions are repetitions of old ones!

Even "print>>" or copyright issues ? No, there are some new ones like:
- Help. windows me halts when I try to install python 2.0
- [PEP] Working storage section ( a la COBOL) for python
- [PEP] Switch for handling directly memory allocation. The happy
night of the zomby  pointers.

>As a split proponent said in the referenced thread:
>
>> Previous discussions on splitting c.l.py always ended up in jokes and
>> just disappeared; I want to resurrect an informal discussion on wheter
>> to split the newsgroup or not; an RFD should be posted, of course,
>> but IANAL: does anyone have time to create an RFD?

Splitting would have an inmmediate benefit: Crossposting.

The wrong thing about splitting is that there is not two
equal halves. There're thousands of small themes of discussion.

Split ? Ok, but how ?

>enable that?  It took an astronomical event to kill off T. Rex <wink>.

Rex, the scripting language for COBOL ?

Python should be like "sharks" : their design was so simple and
fitted so well, that they have remained the same for millions of
year. In fact many animals dissapeared because the evolve into
more specialized or bigger size animals.

---
MGA