emitting HTML and XML in Python

Jerome Alet alet at unice.fr
Fri Sep 29 07:30:57 EDT 2000

Kragen Sitaker wrote:
> Not at all --- your English vocabulary includes words mine doesn't,
> that's all :)

:-))

MANY THANKS TO YOU ! (say it loud)

I've improved the speed of my jaxml module for generating XML documents
by a factor of 2.5 on the test program using your idea. I expect the
speed gain to be more important on large XML documents.

I used to extract the tag name from a traceback object in a voluntarily
raised exception, because unfortunately, and AFAIK, there's no easier
way in Python for a method to know the name with which it is called,
this was very ressource intensive (could someone do something for 2.0
please ?)

Your idea of using the __call__ method instead was wonderful.

Thanks again.

--
Jerome ALET - alet at unice.fr - http://cortex.unice.fr/~jerome
Fac de Medecine de Nice        http://wwwmed.unice.fr