Tkinter lists

Daley, Mark W mark.w.daley at intel.com
Tue Sep 12 18:12:08 EDT 2000

>From my observations of a GUI I have written with Tkinter, I have learned
that the scrolledlist_items option for the ComboBox PMW does not reference
the list, but makes its own list based on the list provided.  That seems
awfully restrictive, since lists are mutable, why wouldn't the widget
reference the list and modify the drop down accordingly?  I ask this because
I am building a list based on information retrieved from a database, which
is not static, but dynamic, based on the time frame required by the user.
How can I make this drop down list update to reflect a change in the list it
used to build in the first place?

- Mark

The opinions expressed are mine, and are not necessarily those of my
employer.