Building curses module in 1.6

insyte at petra.squad51.net insyte at petra.squad51.net
Tue Sep 19 16:20:08 EDT 2000

I've been trying to get the curses module to build under 1.6 and am not
having much luck.  I am running Slackware 7.0 and have the ncurses
libraries and headers installed.  Here's the build procedure I've been
following:

======
./configure
make
cd Modules
vim Setup

uncomment the _curses line so it looks like this:
_curses _cursesmodule.c -lncurses -ltermcap

cd ..
make; make install
======

I'm not seeing any errors at any point during the build process, but
when it's all done and I launch python, "import curses" fails and the
/usr/local/lib/python1.6/lib-dynload directory is empty.  I believe I
should end up with 'cursesmodule.so' in there, correct?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Ben

Ben Beuchler                                         insyte at bitstream.net
MAILER-DAEMON                                         (612) 321-9290 x101
Bitstream Underground                                   www.bitstream.net