TKinter and GC

Neil Schemenauer nascheme at enme.ucalgary.ca
Fri Sep 15 08:39:44 EDT 2000

howard at eegsoftware.com <howard at eegsoftware.com> wrote:
>OK, you have me worried now.

I'm not sure how this relates to GC but maybe I can ease your
fears.

>In some of the tkinter objects I keep references to Python (class)
>objects which the tkinter screens display/alter.  When I destroy the
>tkinter objects, does this mean I still have reference counts to the
>Python objects I assigned in the tkinter objects?

The Tkinter module keeps references to widgets.  You don't have
to do it too.  Tkinter also takes care of freeing these resources
if appropriate.  For example, when a window is deleted the
widgets in that window are freed (unless you keep references to
them).

  Neil