Binary or ascii file?

Steven Adams quickdry at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Sep 7 22:54:37 EDT 2000

you might want to check out Mark Hammonds win32 extensions, it might be in
there.

it shouldn't be too hard to find out whether a file is binary or not, since
AFAIK Windows sets a flag to show whether a file is an executable/binary or
not. is that correct? I think I've read it somewhere....

all my executables and other binary files seem to be set as 'Archive' so I
guess you could use 'win32file' to check if the file you're trying to access
has FILE_ATTRIBUTE_ARCHIVE set.

just speculation, but it might work

Steven

"Anders M Eriksson" <anders.eriksson at morateknikutveckling.se> wrote in