Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread

Warren Postma embed at NOSPAM.geocities.com
Wed Sep 13 14:35:44 EDT 2000

"Arne Wöbse" <arne.woebse at nbg.siemens.de> wrote in message
news:39BFB781.370D71D2 at nbg.siemens.de...
> I just switched from 1.52 to 1.6(final) on WinNT4.0 and try to compile
> my present modules invoking python from the command line and get this
> error message, although it seems that the imported modules are compiled
> properly..
> Running the modules from PythonWin (built 133) freezes PythonWin.
> Somebody got an idea what I do wrong ?
>
> Arne

When this error is happening, it's usually because you have some code
somewhere that enables thread support, and somewhere else you have some code
that clears the current thread state to NULL.   Check if your extension
modules actually handle swapping thread state information properly.

Warren