smtp.sendmail and mail options

Thomas Gagne tgagne at ix.netcom.com
Thu Sep 28 18:07:08 EDT 2000

The documentation says there's 4th and 5th arguments so I can specify mail
options and receipt options.  I'd like to specify "DeliveryMode=q" so I can
send 400+ messages quickly without causing too many open fps in sendmail.
Problem is, I keep getting an error when I try it:

smtpServer.sendmail(fromAddr, toAddr, message, "DeliveryMode=q", "")

I get:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "./notify.py", line 35, in ?
    smtpServer.sendmail("tgagne at efinnet.com", seller, sellerMessage,
"DeliveryMode=q", "")
  File "/usr/lib/python1.5/smtplib.py", line 468, in sendmail
    raise SMTPSenderRefused(code, resp, from_addr)
smtplib.SMTPSenderRefused: (501, '<tgagne at efinnet.com>... D parameter
unrecognized', 'tgagne at efinnet.com')

--
.tom