Any Corba 2.3 compliant Python ORBs?

Duncan Grisby dgrisby at uk.research.att.com
Thu Sep 7 05:04:01 EDT 2000

In article <m4ibsy1nq9e.fsf at macquarie.com.au>,
 Timothy Docker  <timd at macquarie.com.au> wrote:

>Sounds better than I thought!. It looks like time to take another
>look. Is omniORBpy waiting for valuetype support in the underlying
>orb, or is it just needing implementation in the python binding?

It's actually waiting for some new transport code in the underlying
ORB, which will provide support for GIOP 1.2. omniORBpy does all its
own marshalling, calling the ORB core's transport code only for the
basic types. The current plan is that omniORBpy will have value type
support before omniORB C++; the implementation of the Python mapping
will provide a model for the considerably more complex C++ mapping.

Cheers,

Duncan.