Python-1.6 documentation: string methods, urllib2

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at beopen.com
Wed Sep 6 22:03:55 EDT 2000

"Edward C. Jones" <edcjones at erols.com> writes:

> In the Python-1.6 documentation I couldn't find anything about
> the new string methods, urllib2, or mmap. Where should I look?

I don't know the status of documentation for Python 1.6.  There may
not be a documentation release for it.

You can find Python 2.0 documentation for mmap and string methods at
pythonlabs.com:

mmap
http://www.pythonlabs.com/tech/python2.0/doc/lib/module-mmap.html

string methods
http://www.pythonlabs.com/tech/python2.0/doc/lib/string-methods.html

urllib2 is currently undocumented, which is my fault.  It will be
documented before the 2.0 final release.  There are some rough notes
in the module doc string, but I don't imagine they would be too
helpful.  If you have any specific questions in advance of the
documentation, feel free to ask.

-- Jeremy Hylton <http://www.python.org/~jeremy/>