Newbie Question on Screen Saver Interrupt?

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Tue Sep 19 00:17:59 EDT 2000

OneDay at A.Time wrote:

>        I have created a timer program that displays a message box at a set
>time.  My question is how do I have it interrupt the screen saver?

In general, you don't.  The screen saver owns the screen and is watching
for keyboard/mouse activity.  That's all.  Besides, having the screen saver
on means there's no one around to see your message box anyway.

There is a way in Windows to force the screen saver down, but it won't work
in X.
- Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.