Newbie

Brendhan Horne brendhan at bellsouth.net
Wed Sep 6 21:16:14 EDT 2000

I am really new to this. I have never worked with any computer language
before. I have downloaded Python 1.6 for Windows. I have downloaded the
tutorial which for me is a bit dry and a tad difficult to understand. So as
I go to unzip this what should I expect?  What are some good beginning
exercises to start with on this? Please understand that I have not written
anything in a computer language before and have no idea what kind of
prompts are with this, hell I wouldn't even be sure of when to press the
enter key.
Thanks in advance
Brendhan