can i use the python in apache like PHP??

Sean Mc Grath sean at digitome.com
Sun Sep 24 04:27:13 EDT 2000

On Sat, 23 Sep 2000 08:59:16 -0500, "Jon Brisbin" <mail at jbrisbin.net>
wrote:

[...]
>I really liked Zope, and I tried to use it in production, but my designers
>want to edit files from a hard disk and not use the sometimes tedious
>web-based interface.  I liked it myself, but I'm not a good dictator :-)

I too had exactly this issue with Zope and to this day, count my
blessings that I stumbled across LocalFS. This is a Zope add-on that
allows part of the hard disk to appear to be part of Zope.
This is excellent for exactly the situation you describe -- allowing
designers to edit files from a hard disk whilst simultaneously making
them part of the Zope Application Development Environment.
It is useful for providing simultaneous Web/Disk views of source
code too.

regards,
Sean McGrath