Windows user needs to tell Unix admin what to install...help

scott smarsh at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 4 00:30:51 EDT 2000

cstrom at my-deja.com wrote:

> Our admin has agreed to install python on our unix development box.  I
<snip>

> Running SunOS Version 5.6
> Compiler is CC version 4.2
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

I don't know about the specific modules (I'm a Java guy who is a
beginner with Python), but you can get a precompiled version of python
1.5.2 for Solaris 2.6 (Intel and Sparc versions available, choose
carefully) all packaged up here:

http://www.sunfreeware.com/

The installation is trivial using the Sun package installer (pkgadd).
I'm using the Solaris 8 Intel version and it works perfectly for my
simple efforts so far. Good luck.