What is Python?

Tim Hammerquist tim at degree.ath.cx
Sat Sep 16 18:37:59 EDT 2000

Grant Griffin <g2 at seebelow.org> wrote:
> I'm not sure "experience" is the only thing.  I think one also has to
> "think that way" (perhaps due to some unfortunate pairing of recessive
> genes.

Proud owner of the complete pair, thank you very much!  =)

> However, I'm probably about at that same level of competancy with Python
> now after just 6 months.  To be fair, three years of Perl goes a long
> way toward helping to learn Python (kindda like when baseball players
> take a weight of their bat just before they step up to the plate ;-),
> but it's not a coincidence that Perl's whole nutty "TMTOWTDI" thing
> takes longer to mater than Python's converse "There should be one--and
> preferably _only_ one--obvious way to do it" philosophy.

Personal preference and, apparently, personal aptitude also.  Everyone's
mind works differently.

> 'salright: you're thinking of c.l.p.m, not c.l.py.

Very true.  I'm very grateful that I still have my head...it hasn't been
bitten off!  Thanks.  =)

--
-Tim Hammerquist <timmy at cpan.org>
Programmers are achievement oriented; give them an impossible task,