WINGs

Charles G Waldman cgw at fnal.gov
Wed Sep 6 17:22:58 EDT 2000

Dela Lovecraft <dela at ukonline.co.uk> writes:

> Does anyone know if there is a binding to the *nix WINGs toolkit? I
> rather like this style, and would like to be able to write programs
> which utilise this look.

AFAIK, nobody has wrappered-up WINGs.  However, if you like this
NextStep-like style (which I also like quite a bit!) you could fool
around with TkStep,

 http://touchwood.ee.uts.edu.au/TkSTEP/Old-TkStep.html

which is a replacement for the Tk libraries with a NextStep feel.  I
have, with a little tinkering, been able to build Tkinter to use
TkStep instead of the default Tk libs.  Then you can write Tkinter
apps with a nice Next-ish look-and-feel.

The sad thing is that although Tk is up to version 8.3 now (with 8.4
in beta), TkStep seems to be no longer actively maintained and is
stuck at 8.0.  Its good enough for most purposes, though, unless you
need to use newer Tk features like dashed lines.

Hope this helps,

	-C