Python 2.0b1 is released!

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Sep 7 10:29:58 EDT 2000

In article <8p7qld$cdv$1 at newsserver.rrzn.uni-hannover.de>, Bernhard
Reiter <breiter at usf.Uni-Osnabrueck.DE> writes
>> As if Geeks with Guns wasn't bad
>> enough do we really want Nerds with Lawyers?
>
>The Gun issue is completly software unrelated as has to do a lot
>with culture.

I think the common issue is freedom, to program distribute knowledge
and/or carry guns.

>Laws are complicated, but a common way to regulate
>transactions (business and non business) between people.
>They have a huge impact. There was a time when more lawyers worked
>on unix then programmer. We do not want that back.
>So we have to do some political work sometimes. E.g. against software patents.
>
>       Bernhard

As a committed Anarchist I agree with my English predecessor Winstanley
who declared that "Laws are the will of conquerors made plain". Of
course in those days lawyers spoke Latin or Norman French, today we have
some kind of contorted English.
--
Robin Becker