timeouts (Was: checking an ip)

Peter Schneider-Kamp peter at schneider-kamp.de
Thu Sep 14 09:07:19 EDT 2000

I have proposed the inclusion of Timothy O'Malley's timeoutsocket.py
into the standard socket module on python-dev, but there has not been
a single reply in four weeks.

http://www.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2000-August/015111.html

I think there are four possibilities:
1) add a timeoutsocket class to Lib/timeoutsocket.py
2) add a timeoutsocket class to Lib/socket.py
3) replace the socket class in Lib/socket.py
4) wait until the interval is down to one day

feedback-hungri-ly y'rs
Peter