CGI with Python

paralizer at my-deja.com paralizer at my-deja.com
Sat Sep 16 12:06:41 EDT 2000

Thanks for your reply.

Anyway, I still do not know how to run .pyc on the Apache... I read the
file "error_log" in log directory. It said about "Apache don't know how to
execute that file type"...I think I have to add file type (MIME) and Handler
as well... but I don't know python MIME type....
as php3 is x-httpd-php3 ... and what is about python and its Handler?

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks.

In article <E6Lw5.4496$F9.131994 at news.corecomm.net>,
  lynx <a at b.c> wrote:
> u at book.co.th, in <8psisk$178$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>:
>
> > Hi experts, I am very new with python and linux. and i want to create a
> > CGI script in binary format.
>
> why?
>
> > first of all, i had a script that written
> > in .py. and i compiled it with python command line... python -c "import
> > sourcefile" after that i got a file with .pyc extension in a binary
> > format. is it able to run as CGI?
>
> not without the python executable. the "binary" file you have produced is
> not like the ordinary, executable-on-their-own binary files on your
system,
> see; it's not a standalone program.
>
> > anyway i heard that there is a tool called "Freeze". i have tried to
> > freeze a .py code to make an executable file... you know?, it made a
> > huge executable...
>
> yes, because it basically included the entire python bytecode
interpreter -
> that part of the ``python'' command that would have interpreted and run
the
> binary .pyc file you created. it's a large part of python, as you found out.
>
> > any suggestion?
>
> install python on the webserver? either that, or (gaackk!) write your
scripts
> in C.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.