You can never go down the drain...

Kragen Sitaker kragen at dnaco.net
Tue Sep 26 23:55:54 EDT 2000

In article <uv6A5.864$jk1.56271 at newsc.telia.net>,
Fredrik Lundh <effbot at telia.com> wrote:
>> (But someday everyone else won't think regexps are somehow Standard,
>> canonical, or scientific ;-)
>
>imho, regular expressions suck.

Regular expressions are among my most valued tools, along with goto,
eval, multiple inheritance, preemptive multithreading, floating point,
run-time type identification, a big knife, a bottle of bleach, and
120VAC electricity.  All of these things suck sometimes.
--
<kragen at pobox.com>       Kragen Sitaker     <http://www.pobox.com/~kragen/>
Perilous to all of us are the devices of an art deeper than we ourselves