Python embedding

Rainer Deyke root at rainerdeyke.com
Mon Sep 4 14:22:56 EDT 2000

"Daniel Andersson" <daniel.andersson at centrumeh.com> wrote in message
news:web-78055 at centrumeh.com...
> I would like to be able to distribute the client without
> installing python. I want to be able to send out basically
> two files, client.exe and script.py (script.py being a
> default implementation of the scriptable parts of the
> client) and have everything python needs included in
> client.exe. Is this possible?

Yes.  You will need to recompile Python.

> Another way would be to distribute client.exe, a python
> dll and the script.py, I think this would be ok too but
> I'd like to be able to do the first option.

This is also possible, and does not require recompilation.

> In short, I want to be able to stuff everything that
> python needs (and some standard modules like string etc.)
> into my main exe.

Some modules are internal to Python and automatically included.  Others may
require PyRun_String or a similar function.  See the documentation.

--
Rainer Deyke (root at rainerdeyke.com)
Shareware computer games           -           http://rainerdeyke.com