[Q] Application Deployement of wxPython based programs ...

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Mon Sep 25 14:14:46 EDT 2000

"Markus Meng" <meng.engineering at bluewin.ch> writes:

> What I actually do for TclTk based applications is to setup
> a control script of a freely available installer, like innosetup
> on windows for example. I would like to do the same for
> the configuration mentioned above.

That's pretty much all I do for my wxPython-based stuff.  The
installer package (http://www.mcmillan-inc.com/install1.html) by
Gordon McMillan pulls together automatically.  I stick in an Inno
Setup script and build the installer.

One change I did make was to exclude "MSVCIRT.dll" from the standalone
configuration - I found that letting that get installed from my system
(NT) could mess things up on some systems.  I believe all the other
systems will already have their version of that file installed.  If
you're targetting an original Win95 installation, they will need to
have WinSock2 - the wxPython page has a pointer to the upgrade on the
Microsoft site that they can install.

But other than that I haven't had to do anything else.  And the Inno
Setup script was just a very simple list of the files created in the
dist_<package> directory by the installer script.

--
-- David