Serial Port communication

Brian Geddes brian.j.geddes at intel.com
Fri Sep 15 11:25:35 EDT 2000

I'm working in Linux (Redhat) on a 64-bit Intel system.  I don't know
whether serial port stuff has been enabled yet for this environment.  If you
know how Python deals with serial ports on other Linux environments, that
would at least give me a path to look down.

- Brian

"Grant Edwards" <nobody at nowhere.nohow> wrote in message
news:slrn8s2t3j.88s.nobody at isis.visi.com...
> In article <8pric7$bn2 at news.or.intel.com>, Brian Geddes wrote:
>
> >All - I'm looking for a way to communicate through the serial port from
> >inside of a Python script.  Ideally, I'd be able to open it and treat it
> >like a file stream...anyone know how to do this?
>
> Serial port stuff under Python is OS-specific.  Which OS are you using?
>
> --
> Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I'm having
BEAUTIFUL
>                                   at               THOUGHTS about the
INSIPID